Hi, I'm Kristen. I live in New England with my husband, four kids, and one dogs. My blog is called A Thrifter in Disguise because I strive to create high-end looks on a thrifty budget. You wouldn't necessarily know it by looking at my home and projects, but I don't spend a lot of money to get the look that makes me happy.
I consider myself a part-time blogger, because I can't keep up with a regular posting schedule. I just post when I can find the time.
Sure! Here are some clues that may help explain some things about me:
- My favorite colors are turquoise, blue, and green, but if you've ever seen a post on my blog, I don't need to tell you that.
- I'm the oldest of 4 children and grew up in Upstate New York.
- I'm fairly certain my mom has visited and purchased yarn at every yarn store on the east coast. She seeks out yarn stores in any location she travels, and she's constantly knitting... just telling you because this may help explain some of my DIY obsession.
- For 12 years, I taught Literature at a school for kids with dyslexia. I love to teach (and miss it so much)!
- I've been a die-hard Yankees fan my entire life, and I love the game of baseball.
- We have a small 1928 cottage in a Long Island Sound beach neighborhood. We live at the beach during the summer.
- Jane Austen and William Shakespeare are my favorite writers of all time.
- I'm a certified yoga teacher, and I also love tennis, snowboarding, hiking, and SUP.
- My husband, Ben, is the most patient person I know, and it is because of his visual/spacial, mechanical problem-solving abilities that I'm able to successfully complete a good majority of my projects. He pops up in the blog here once in a while, too! Check out our Outdoor Showerhouse post or the My Husband's Cars page to learn more about him :)
I'd love to hear from you!
Some of My Favorite Thrifter Posts: